Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thing 23 - The BEGINNING ....... (cue deus ex machina)

Cue portentious music. Anyway, this exercise was a fun and easy way to earn those CEUs. I was at least aware of everything that was included in the 23 Things, and for some of them I am relatively facile in their use. It is tres amusant though, to watch how techie developments have raced ahead of the 23 things - where's Facebook? Twitter? Explain what an app is? How about the mobile web? Recently, the system has devised a long overdue list of technology competencies that all staff will be expected to be able to demonstrate. The things on the list, which is only in draft at this time, are extremely basic even when measured by the current iteration of the the 23 things. I have cajoled most of my staff into going through the 23things exercise - some will be more successful than others, but I think everyone will enjoy it. I hope. Anyway, thanks for the opportunity!!

No comments:

Post a Comment